18 September 2013

Just Begin

The perfect is the enemy of the good.
- Voltaire

I have procrastinated making my first post to this - my first - blog so many times and for so many reasons: the design isn't perfect yet, I don't have enough time to write all that I really want to write, we don't have Internet service so I have to figure out how to do it... All legitimate reasons, but I've reached the point where they are no longer acceptable to me. In fact, I could hardly have chosen a less convenient time to post: sitting on a bench at the elementary school playground while the boys run and jump and slide. But it is now that I am suddenly unwilling to wait any longer, now that I am realizing that "good" is sufficient, now that I am yearning to put words on the screen. So I am heeding the call of Now, imperfection and all. And I pray that, like Paul, "I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me" (II Corinthians 12:9 NKJV). May He use this blog to inspire us, refine us, prod us, and may we glorify Him in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment